Faster, higher, steeper – only superlatives can describe the highaltitude tour in the ski region of Mayrhofen. The tour features the world’s most advanced cable car – the brand new Penkenbahn – as well as Austria’s biggest, the Ahornbahn. The distance covered in altitude is remarkable, too: it adds up to almost 14,000m and includes the Harakiri slope, Austria’s steepest skiing adventure. Action lovers who are all about the challenge and speed will definitely get their money’s worth here. Absolute adrenalin guaranteed!
Download height profile
Highlights Altitude Tour
1) The new, state-of-the-art Penkenbahn gets you to ‘Action Mountain’ faster – in just over eight minutes – and in more comfort than ever before.
4) What an amazing panorama! The view up here is not one you’ll forget in a hurry.
2) A view of Mount Penken, also known as ‘Action Mountain’. Here, you’ll find Vans Penken Park and much more.
5) The 78 per cent gradient of the Harakiri slope, Austria’s steepest skiing experience, is a real challenge. There‘s only one direction: straight downhill.
3) You‘ll enjoy fantastic views of the ski region of Mayrhofen. Here, you can see Horbergtal on the left, and Mount Penken on the right.
6) Even leisurely skiers, families and beginners feel comfortable on the wide carving pistes of the quiet, sunny Ahorn plateau.
- Zillertal in Winter
- Zillertal in Summer
- Zillertal Year-Round