A toboggan ride in the Zillertal winter wonderland is the ideal family excursion and a fantastic experience for people of all ages – or, in other words, a real “must” for any winter holiday! Ascend on foot or by cable car, enjoy a little mountain hut magic and then shoot back down into the valley on one of Zillertal’s 14 optimally prepared toboggan runs with a total length of some 45 kilometres for tobogganing fun at its best! What’s more, 30 kilometres of the runs are illuminated in the evenings so there’s nothing to stop exciting night-time toboggan rides!
- Length: choose a toboggan length based on the rider’s height. Standard recreational toboggans for adults have a size of 115 cm.
- Seat: unlike wooden seats with gaps, snow does not get stuck to the plastic bases.
- Design: sporty models have rubber-mounted trestles, making them easier to steer than toboggans with glued trestles.
- Runners: angular runners make toboggans fast and manoeuvrable.
- Steering: riders primarily guide their toboggans by shifting their weight to the left and right although the reins also help to steer.
- Eat and drink
- Mobility on site