Ingredients - spinach dumpling:
5 stale bread rolls
½ kg spinach
1 small onion
125 ml milk
2-3 tbsp Parmesan
2 cloves of garlic
2-3 tbsp flour
50 g butter
Ingredients - ravioli:
250 g coarse-grained flour
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp water
½ tsp salt
200 g Zillertal Grey cheese
1 bunch spring onions
1 bunch chives
400 g floury potatoes
Ingredients - cheese dumplings:
6 stale bread rolls
125 ml milk
1 tbsp flour
200 g Alpine cheese
100 g Zillertal Grey cheese
40 g butter
Chives, parsley, salt
Preparation - spinach dumplings:
1. Wash and blanch the spinach, drain well and chop finely.
2. Then cut the rolls into small pieces and pour the egg and milk mixture over them. Add the grated Parmesan or Alpine cheese, the browned onion, the finely chopped garlic, salt and nutmeg, mix and leave to blend well.
3. Thicken the batter with the flour. If the mixture is too soft, add some breadcrumbs to firm it up.
4. Form the dumplings into equal sizes with wet hands and place them in salted water. Leave to simmer for about 15 minutes without boiling.
1. Spread the flour in a circle on a pasta board and add salt. Whisk the egg with lukewarm water and the oil, pour into the middle of the flour and knead from the inside outwards to form a smooth dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
2. Afterwards the dough should be rolled out as quickly as possible to prevent it from drying out. Use a round, smooth cookie cutter (or a glass) to cut circles of about 7 cm in diameter.
3. For the filling, cook the potatoes in their skins, then drain, peel and mash them through a potato press into a bowl while still hot. Finely chop the chives. Grate the Graukäse cheese. Add the curd cheese, the grated cheese and some chives to the potatoes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix everything well.
4. Add a teaspoonful of the filling to the centre of each circle of dough. Moisten the rim with water and fold the dough into a crescent shape. Immediately press the edges together with your fingers or with a fork. Place the ravioli in salted water and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes.
Preparation - cheese dumplings:
1. Cut the rolls and cheese into small cubes. Mix the eggs and milk together well and pour over the bread cubes. Season with salt and leave everything to blend well.
2. In the meantime, chop the onion into small pieces and fry in butter until light yellow. Add this to the bread mixture, then add parsley, cheese and flour and mix well.
3. Form dumplings with wet hands and place them in boiling salted water. Leave them to simmer without boiling for about 15 minutes.