Preparation time: 20 minutes
1 small onion
1 tbsp butter
50 g plain flour
500 ml vegetable stock
250 g Zillertal grey cheese
200 ml cream
Approx. 30 g popping corn
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp chives
Salt, white pepper
1. Peel and dice the onion. Melt butter in a pan and gently fry onion until glassy. Dust with flour and sauté briefly.
2. Add vegetable stock and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
3. Crumble the grey cheese and add it to the soup together with the cream. Gently simmer and stir until the cheese is almost melted.
4. Then purée the soup with a hand blender and keep it warm.
5. Mix popping corn and rapeseed oil in a saucepan and heat until corn pops. Then mix the chilli powder into the hot popcorn.
6. Pour the soup into plates and garnish with popcorn and garlic.