Ingredients for the dough:
5 g salt
150 ml lukewarm water
300 g finely ground flour
25 ml oil
Ingredients for the cream cheese filling:
100 g butter
80 g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
300 g cream cheese
40 g cornflour
50 g raisins
lemon peel and juice from half a lemon
4 egg whites
50 g melted butter
Method for the dough:
1. Dissolve the salt in lukewarm water, add to the flour. Add oil. Mix well, place the mixture on a pastry board and knead into dough.
2. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes. Then, roll out and stretch the dough until transparent.
3. Spread the prepared cream cheese filling onto two thirds of the dough. Brush the other third with melted butter and roll the dough, starting with the buttered side.
4. Bake the strudel in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 50 minutes.
Method for the filling:
1. Blend the butter and sugar until creamy, mix in the egg yolks. Add the cream cheese, cornflour, raisins, lemon peel and lemon juice.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold them into the mixture.